How To Delete Recent Searches On Your Google Browser

BMC

You may have recently discovered that when you start doing a search in your Google browser that several other things you have searched before start jumping up. This is your recently searched history and most people do not want this revealed to anyone that may be using your computer. I most certainly do not like people seeing my recent searches. If you are the same way and want to know how to delete recent searches, then I have some suggestions to remedy this problem.

There are different steps to follow for different browsers but it is all pretty simple to delete the search history. I will go over how to delete the recent searches from the most used browsers for you. This will allow you to delete that history that you do not want people looking at.

If you are running Internet Explorer 6, 7 or the version IEB you will need to follow these simple steps. Find the tools menu and click on it, then from there you will need to find the delete browsing history and select that. Once you have located the delete forms button click that. The confirmation window will ask you to pick yes or not, you will then click yes. Hit the closed button and there you go, all deleted.

With Mozilla Firefox you will start basically the same way. Click on the tools menu and then select the clear private data button. Next you need to click on saved form and then search history. Click on clear private data now and you are done, all the history is deleted.

Safari 2 or even 3 is just as simple. If you are using this browser you will need to go to the safari menu and click on it. Find preferences and click that, then find the auto fill tab and click it. Once you have done that, you will need to find the checkbox for other forms and click the edit button that is next to it. Select Google.com from this menu, and hit remove.

Now that you are done, no one will be searching through your history anytime soon. You do not have to be hiding things to want to keep your search history a secret. Sometimes it just feels better knowing that everyone does not know your business.

More...