Rio OST - Various Artists

tiểu li

[FLASH]http://static.mp3.zing.vn/skins/mp3_main/flash/mp3playlist.swf?xmlURL=http://mp3.zing.vn/xml/playlist/LGJmyLHNVaQpCgJyLDJyFmLH?autoplay=false&wmode=transparent[/FLASH]

Featuring music co-written by Grammy Award winner Sergio Mendes and Film Composer John Powell, the soundtrack boasts new music from today's hottest artists including will.i.am, Jamie Foxx, Taio Cruz, Carlinhos Brown, Bebel Gilberto and Jemaine Clement of Flight of the Conchords. Multi-platinum artist and producer, will.i.am, of The Black Eyed Peas, contributed an original song that he and his 'sidekick', Jamie Foxx, sing in the film. Sergio Mendes has also re-recorded his classic Brasil '66 version of "Mas Que Nada". Mendes, who served as the film's Executive Music Producer, brought in fellow international Brazilian sensation Carlinhos Brown to shape film's music and sound. Fox Music, responsible for over 60 Million in sales worldwide, is pleased to add Rio to its long line of distinguished soundtracks.
Track Listing

Disc 1:

1. Real In Rio - The Rio Singers
  2. Let Me Take You To Rio (Blu's Arrival) - Ester Dean and Carlinhos Brown
  3. Mas Que Nada (2011 Rio Version) - Sergio Mendes featuring Gracinha Leporace
  4. Hot Wings (I Wanna Party) - will.i.am & Jamie Foxx
  5. Pretty Bird - Jemaine Clement
  6. Fly Love - Jamie Foxx
  7. Telling The World - Taio Cruz
  8. Funky Monkey - Siedah Garrett, Carlinhos Brown, Mikael Mutti, and Davi Vieira
  9. Take You To Rio (Remix) - Ester Dean
  10. Balanco Carioca - Mikael Mutti
  11. Sapo Cai - Carlinhos Brown and Mikael Mutti
  12. Samba De Orly - Bebel Gilberto
  13. Valsa Carioca - Sergio Mendes 17

rio1a_a_p.jpg
The Bottom Line

Exotic eye candy and infectious beats make for a fun animated frolic.

Opens

Sydney, April 7 (Twentieth Century Fox)
Cast

Anne Hathaway, Jesse Eisenberg, Jemaine Clement, Leslie Mann, Jamie Foxx, will.i.am, Rodrigo Santoro
Director

Carlos Saldanha

The film, which opens April 15, features “top notch” voice work by Jesse Eisenberg, Black Eyed Peas’ will.i.am and Jamie Foxx.

One doesn’t go to Rio’s famously flamboyant carnival searching for the meaning of life and neither will you find it in this new 3D animation, a tropical-colored wingding that will have kids and their chaperones shaking a tail feather to its pulsating Latin beats.
Carlos Saldanha, the Rio de Janeiro-born director of the Ice Agefranchise, heads home to warmer climes to continue his winning streak with Blue Sky Studios, infusing his avian adventure with enough pep and spice to see it soar above a fairly ho-hum plotline.
Blue Sky’s last movie, Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs, took nearly $900 million worldwide, making it among the highest grossing animated films ever, and Rio – balmy, bouncy, neither saccharine nor too scary – ticks similar family-friendly boxes without reinventing the animation wheel.
Twentieth Century Fox opens the G-rated frolic Thursday in Australia and territories across Europe, Asia and South America ahead of its U.S. bow on April 15.
Saldanha may never surpass the delightful squirrel-and-the-acorn sequence that opened Ice Age, but the hundreds of deftly syncopated Brazilian birds that spark up Rio’s opening musical number will do for now.
It’s here in the jungle that we meet Blu, a rare blue macaw who is getting ready to spread his wings when he is rudely snatched up by smugglers and whisked away to snow-bound Minnesota.
His savior appears in the guise of a bookish young girl who takes him in and rears him as a companion rather than a pet. Blu (spot-on whiny voicing by The Social Network’s Jesse Eisenberg) leads a mollycoddled life of the mind with Linda (Leslie Mann) until one day dorky Brazilian ornithologist Tulio (Rodrigo Santoro) comes to whisk him back to Rio to mate with the last remaining female of his species.
Feathers fly when Samba-hating nerd bird Blu is foisted upon the spirited Jewel (Anne Hathaway), a freedom-lover who has nothing but scorn for the neurotic homebody.
When Blu again falls foul of a motley crew of bird smugglers, Jewel finds herself chained to him and forced to work alongside him in their quest for liberty.
The fact that Blu has never learned to fly may earn Jewel’s scorn but it provides the filmmakers with plenty of scope for slapstick. And this film loves a good chase scene. Saldanha uses the exquisitely rendered backdrop of his spectacular hometown to great advantage, with visuals swooping high above the sunny beaches, jumbled favelas and iconic Sugarloaf Mountain as the escapees scamper along on trolleys and cable cars and, in one of the most uplifting sequences, atop the wings of a paraglider.
There’s color and movement aplenty, more than enough to stimulate the senses of the under-10s, but the screenplay, by Don Rhymer (Surf’s Up), Sam Harper (Cheaper by the Dozen), and Jeffrey Ventimilia and Joshua Sternin (Yogi Bear), often struggles to sustain the party atmosphere. The narrative follows the well-trodden path of a romantic chase caper, in this case featuring big-eyed CGI cuties, with some enervated subtexts about the evils of the wildlife black market and the perils of domestication.
A parallel love story featuring the human characters is hardly unexpected and it all wraps up neat and sparkling amid the bedazzled floats of the carnival parade.
Thank goodness, then, for Nigel, a villainous, red-eyed cockatoo who looks like he wandered in from the scruffily surreal set of Rango. Voiced by Flight of the Conchords’ Jemaine Clement with a New Zealand accent and a high-camp sneer, he steals every scene he’s in, as well as contributing the memorably menacing “Pretty Bird” to an otherwise uptempo soundtrack overseen by veteran Sergio Mendes.
Voice work across the board is top-notch, with the Black Eyed Peas’ will.i.am and Jamie Foxx adding sass to their smooth-talking bird buddies, and comic George Lopez solid as a party-loving toucan named Rafael. Tracy Morgan has what amounts to a cameo as a drooling bulldog in a Carmen Miranda headpiece.

Opens: Sydney, April 7 (Twentieth Century Fox)
Production companies: Blue Sky Studios, Twentieth Century Fox Animation
Cast: Anne Hathaway, Jesse Eisenberg, Jemaine Clement, Leslie Mann, Jamie Foxx, will.i.am, Rodrigo Santoro
Director: Carlos Saldanha
Screenwriters: Don Rhymer, Joshua Sternin, Jeffrey Ventimilia, Sam Harper
Story: Earl Richey Jones, Todd Jones
Producers: Bruce Anderson, John C. Donkin
Director of photography: Renato Falcao
Music: John Powell
Editor: Harry Hitner
Rated G; 96 minutes